| 1. ORDERING A RENTAL CAR: The Lessee shall in all cases provide an official order for all rentals to be charged to The Lessee. Reservations are made by car group and are subject to availability. Practical may supply an alternative model to those listed. Practical reserves the right to exchange the vehicle at any time. The vehicle exchange will be at the convenience of your end-user and Practical within 5 days of our request.
2. RENTAL PERIOD: Each rental agreement is 28 days long and is referred hereafter as a Rental Period.
3. INSURANCE: The Lessee will provide comprehensive insurance for any vehicle hired from Practical, and complete an insurance Indemnity Form. Practical must hold a copy of the Lessees current insurance certificate on file. If these insurance details alter in anyway, Practical must be notified
immediately. It is your responsibility to keep insurance valid and up to date at all times; this includes
updating your insurance policy if an exchange or additional vehicle is supplied.
4. DRIVERS / LICENCES: It is a legal requirement that Practical need to register valid driving license
details on the rental agreement upon delivery of a vehicle. Where a vehicle is covered by customers
own insurance, it is not necessary to view each individual hirers driving license. However, to comply
with the Law, details of a valid license must be entered on the rental agreement.
5. ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE: Any damage is to be reported to Practical immediately, you can carry out
repairs up to £100. If the repair cost is greater than £100 then an estimate for repairs will need to be
sent to Practical immediately who will then decide where the vehicle is to be repaired. The vehicle will
remain on rent to The Lessee until it is repaired and in a rentable condition. Practical will always assist
The Lessee in repairing a vehicle as quickly as possible, and at a competitive price. Any charge /
invoice relating to an accident such as recovery charges. Road repairs etc. will be invoiced to The
Lessee and is due within 7 days The Lessee is responsible for reclaiming any insured losses.
6. VEHICLE CONDITION: It is the responsibility of the Lessee or their agent to inspect the vehicle
upon delivery and agree the condition of the vehicle with Practical. If any additional damage is noted,
you will be informed together with evidence for the Lessee to see to substantiate Practical's claim, then
this will be invoiced to The Lessee. Should the interior of the vehicle be excessively dirty, a valeting
charge will be incurred.
7. BREAKDOWNS / ACCIDENT: All Practical vehicles are covered by the relevant manufacturers assistance service. Should a breakdown / accident occur the driver should contact the relevant service immediately. Upon inspection of a breakdown, if the vehicle is going to be off the road for 24 hours or more then a replacement vehicle can be provided if required, by Practical or their agent. If the
breakdown is due to driver negligence/ poor driving/ accident, any expenses incurred by Practical are chargeable to The Lessee.
8. VEHICLE MAINTENANCE: Whilst a vehicle is on rent it is the responsibility of The Lessee to
ensure that oil and water levels are checked regular and replenished to recommended levels when
necessary. The costs of these items are the responsibility of The Lessee. The Lessee must also ensure
that both tyre condition and pressures are checked regularly. It is your responsibility to repair or replace
windscreen/glass damage and keep the vehicle in good condition at all times. Should any fault occur in
the running of the vehicle, it is the responsibility of The Lessee to notify Practical immediately to
prevent further damage.
9. VEHICLE CHANGEOVER: A vehicle will need to be exchanged for a new one within 5 days
when requested by Practical. If a vehicle exchange is cancelled within 48 hours of the date arranged an
abortive penalty may be charged.
10. MILEAGE: You will need to select the mileage allowance at the start of your hire, either 1,500,
2,000 or 2,500 miles per Rental Period, excess mileage over that is charged at £0.12 per mile, with
excess mileage chargeable after every vehicle exchange and vehicle off-hire. Excess miles will be
calculated by multiplying the days of hire (from first day of hire to date of exchange or off-hire) by the
relevant mileage allowance. Practical must be notified once the vehicle odometer has covered 9,000
miles. If the vehicle is driven in excess of 10,000 miles on the odometer without the prior written
consent of Practical, excess mileage will be charged at £0.50 per mile.
11. FUEL: If a vehicle is returned with less than the reading as recorded on the rental agreement, the
refuelling cost, to the recorded level, plus a service charge, equivalent to £0.15 per litre on pump
prices, will be made and charged to The Lessee. Under Customs & Excise rules, the total cost of this
service is subject to VAT. Any petrol used during delivery and collection will also be charged at the
12. PARKING CHARGES / FINES: Any Fines incurred during the rental period will be the
responsibility of The Lessee, any such charges will be billed together with an administration fee of
£25.00 + VAT. The renter is responsible for any parking charges and fines or towing fees incurred once
the vehicle is delivered and until collected by a representative of Practical. Any vehicles left in a car
park and not returned to an agreed location will be subject to collection, towing and or parking charges.
13. DELIVERY & COLLECTION: Free of charge for bookings over 3 months in England, Practical
will advise of delivery & collection charges for shorter periods and in other areas of the United
Kingdom. Practical will specify a delivery / collection day but are unable to specify a time. The Lessee
must be present both for collection and delivery of the vehicle or if a company a representative must be
available for signature of all necessary paperwork and to agree the condition of the vehicle. Failure to
do so will result in all noted damage becoming the Lessees responsibility and being recharged to the
14. INVOICING / PAYMENT: All Flexi - Lease vehicles are supplied on a non credit basis. Payment
for all Flexi - Lease invoices are due 14 days in advance of each Rental Period. 14 days deposit,
payment upon booking – non refundable. Payment by Credit or Debt Card.
15. VEHICLE TERMINATION: To off-hire a vehicle we require a minimum of 7 working days
written confirmation acknowledged by Practical prior to the start of a new 28 day rental period. Unless
we received this confirmation Practical will automatically renew the agreement on an ongoing basis.
Terminated vehicles can only be collected on Weekdays ( Monday - Friday ) and not at weekends (
Saturday & Sunday ) as our offices are closed.
16. VEHICLE PRICING: The following charges will apply should the vehicle be returned early:
1 – 2 months rentals selected – Minimum Charge is a 2 month rental
3 – 5 months rentals selected – Minimum Charge is a 3 month rental
6 – 8 months rentals selected – Minimum Charge is a 6 month rental
9 + months rentals selected – Minimum Charge is a 9 month rental
17.VARIATIONS TO THIS AGREEMENT: All the terms and conditions outlined in this document
will apply at all times unless agreed in writing by Practical. Practical reserve the right to amend the
procedure and / or charges set out in this agreement from time to time. Such changes to the procedures
and / or charges will be notified to the Renting Company in writing.
18. AGREEMENT: The Lessee agrees to the terms as detailed above in this agreement.